The world’s most expensive divorce - LA Dodgers CEO pays over $130 million
Divorce fees alone has cost $14 million
One of the United States most expensive divorces in legal history is coming to an end as the Dodger’s owner, Frank McCourt, is agreeing to pay his ex-wife Jamie $130 million as long as he gets to keep the team.
This marks the end of a long battle to reach the agreement and came to a resolution when Jamie, the former CEO of the Dodgers agreed to abandon plans to claim a share of the team.
The couple was married for almost 30 years before they separated. The divorce was debated over the last two years.
Their divorce is valued at $1.2 billion as it includes six homes and the $800 million LA Dodgers team.
Before their separation Frank and Jamie McCourt paid a $225,000 lease of a private jet. Jamie spent $10,000 per month at the hairdressers. They spent thousands on designer clothes and once Jamie spent $80,000 on a vacation to the Caribbean.
The divorce itself has cost the couple $20 million in July and battle over the ownership of the Dodgers could have cost another $14 million.
Top ten divorce settlements:
Rupert & Anna Murdoch: $1.7bn
Bernie & Slavica Eccelstone: $1.2bn
Adnan & Soraya Khashoggi: $874m
Stephen & Elaine Wynn: $740m
Craig & Wendy McCaw: $460m
Robert & Sheila Johnson: $400m
Roman & Irina Abramovich: $300m
Michael & Maya Polsky: $184m
Michael & Juanita Jordan: $168m
Neil Diamond & Marcia Murphey: $150m
calls for Diaspora votes in Irish presidential elections
- Boston immigration center apologizes to young...
- Irishman John Downey arrested for 1982 IRA...
- Young Irish woman turned in to U.S. authorities
- Justice Minister hangs on as Shattergate...
- Amnesty International says Ireland’s abortion...
- One in seven people on social welfare in...
- Government minister calls for investigation...
- Sleazy secrets and the American Dream of...
- New book ‘John F. Kennedy - Among the Germans’.
- ‘Quiet Man’ star Maureen O’Hara says John...