Top 50 Irish-Americans in technology to be named
The Annual ITLG Technology Awards will honor the top 50 Irish-American technology executives at a ceremony to be held at Stanford University on April 5th.
The prestigious event, now in its fourth year, will be held at the Stanford Faculty Club and is being sponsored by Silicon Valley Bank and Invest Northern Ireland.
"The Silicon Valley 50 shows the extent of influence and depth of involvement that Irish and Irish-Americans have had in shaping Silicon Valley into what it is today, and we are pleased to be able to recognise their accomplishments," John Hartnett, president and founder of the ITLG, said in a statment.
Among the 50 Irish American technology executives are:
Bill McKiernan – chairman, CyberSource Corporation
George Moore – chairman and CEO, TARGUSinfo
Niall O’Connor – chief information officer, Apple, Inc.
Barry O’Sullivan – senior vice-president, Cisco Corporation
Cathal Phelan – chief technology officer, Cypress Semiconductor Corporation
Lorraine Twohill – vice-president global marketing, Google
Niall Wall – vice-president, Symantec
In conjunction with Irish America the Silicon Valley 50 will be highlighted in a special edition of the premiere Irish American magazine, which will be unveiled at the awards celebration.
Many of the awardees have succeeded impressively in their professional lives and now plan to help foster the next generation of Irish American entrepreneurs.
- Government minister calls for investigation...
- Young Irish woman turned in to U.S. authorities
- Irishman John Downey arrested for 1982 IRA...
- Amnesty International says Ireland’s abortion...
- New book ‘John F. Kennedy - Among the Germans’.
- Irish finance minister says US Senate are...
- One in seven people on social welfare in...
- Top bishops clash over excommunication of...
- Calls for Irish Justice Minister to resign...
- Irish anti-austerity protesters chain themselve