Today's Irish news roundup, October 11th, 2013
Check out what Irish news stories are getting IrishCentral readers' attention today
Today's top Irish news stories:
An inquest into the death of a Dublin man has determined that a poor diet – limited to Pringles, Coca-cola, chocolate and wine – caused his internal organs to fail…READ MORE
Thomas Begley an IRA volunteer from North Belfast planted a bomb in a Shankill Road fish and chip shop that went off prematurely and killed nine innocent people and himself back in October 1993…READ MORE
Irish American Captain Shane Murphy, who took charge after his boss Captain Richard Phillips was kidnapped by Somali pirate in 2009, has given the newly released Tom Hanks movies “Captain Phillips” two thumbs up. …READ MORE
Dissident republicans in Belfast and Derry are being blamed for murders in both cities which the Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI) have described as brutal and cold-blooded….READ MORE
Anti-slavery campaigner Frederick Douglass was remembered in Waterford on Monday….READ MORE
- Notre Dame sues federal government again...
- Caroline Kennedy “selfie” in Japan reveals...
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...
- Ireland wins top spot on Forbes’ Best Countries
- Smithwick inquiry finds Irish police may...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis'...
- Why Ireland needs to give its emigrants a...
- Pope Francis calls capitalism “new tyranny”...
- Cork mother grieves for husband, son and...
Gearoid4 says that the pope "never advocated abandoning or changing the Church's stance on these matters but rather framing them in the context oIrish university suspends Legion of Mary for anti-gay literature
God's only plan for you if you're gay, according to these nuts, is a lonely loveless life of chastity. And maybe they can send you to a laundry to wor“Duck Dynasty” names now more popular in US than old Irish favorites
Irish Central uses statistics the way a Drunk uses a lamppost; more to support themselves than for illumination. What valid conclusion can be drawn whUnionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for new flag for Northern Ireland (VIDEO)
Well there is indeed hope for the Peace process because unbelievably I agree with Unionist. No good can come from a country built on censorship and re