Today's Irish news roundup, Friday August 2nd 2013
Check out what Irish news stories are getting IrishCentral readers' attention today
Today's top Irish news stories:
Fein leader Gerry Adams had told the McGill Summer School in Donegal that in Ireland, “Almost 100 years ago partition created two conservative states ruled in their narrow self-interests by two conservative elites."…READ MORE
Newly-appointed U.S. ambassador to the United Nations Samantha Power has been hailed by President Barack Obama as “one of our country’s leading foreign policy thinkers”…READ MORE
The father of two young boys found dead in the trunk of a car told gardai he was “sorry” after being charged with their murder…READ MORE
A New York woman spat at a flight attendant on board a transatlantic flight after her demands for alcohol were turned down, an Irish court has heard…READ MORE
Mercy Sr. Theresa Kane, the former head of the Leadership Conference of Women Religious (LCWR), has called upon Pope Francis to consider permitting women to be ordained as priests…READ MORE
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
- Bill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an...
- Irish students told “No Irish Need Apply”...
- Top ten negative terms used to describe Irish...
Smyrnian My 3 guesses are: 1) a Bill Maher pseudonym 2) Martin Bashir is looking for a job 3)a mental midget.Katherine Webb and the morbid depths of US sports 'journalism'
Cormac, why are you in this country?Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist by many Irish political leaders
euk,the sickbag passing moment of a thousand centuries,the undiluted hypocrasy of the vilest hypocrytes ever,the british commons eulogising mandela,thIrish students told “No Irish Need Apply” to Chicago for summer 2014
Who is that offensive, ignorant idiot called Fat-----? An IC plant perhaps? No one is that ignorant? Right?