Today's Irish news roundup, August 7th, 2013
Check out what Irish news stories are getting IrishCentral readers' attention today
Today's top Irish news stories:
For a time during her reported affair with John F. Kennedy screen goddess Marilyn Monroe, who suffered periodically from drug addiction and mental illness, fantasized about becoming the First Lady…READ MORE
New York's Irish bars have a message for President Vladimir Putin: target Russia's gay community with draconian new laws and we'll target your vodka in payback…READ MORE
A high profile 2008 initiative that would have poured $150 million into cash strapped areas of Northern Ireland never saw the light of day…READ MORE
One of Ireland’s top hospitals, the Mater, should not be expected to perform abortions in accordance with the recently passed Protection of Life During Pregnancy Act, according to a priest who is a member of the hospital’s board of governors…READ MORE
Several people received minor injuries when a large public-order incident erupted before a Mass in a Mullingar cemetery…READ MORE
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
- Bill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an...
- Top ten negative terms used to describe Irish...
- Irish students told “No Irish Need Apply”...
The Countess to her dying day never supported partition. She was the champion of the poor and the disposed. Some American right wing politicians shoulUnionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for new flag for Northern Ireland (VIDEO)
land of the flowing river,remember culloden.go SCOTLAND.ireland for ever.EASY ISNT IT,STIR THE OLD POT,wave the flag and beat the bloody drum,leave anGay teacher fired from Catholic school after applying for same-sex marriage license
People. Pedophilia ends at puberty. A Priest that engages in sex with a male, beyond puberty is not a pedophile, he is a (fill in the blank).Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist by many Irish political leaders
Thanks Kinvara for educating the wirter & his readers. And as for PhlutiePhan: put a sock in it!