Today's Irish news roundup, August 19th, 2013
Check out what Irish news stories are getting IrishCentral readers' attention today
Today's top Irish news stories:
There are an estimated 10,000 people in the United States who identify themselves with the community of Irish Travellers, descended from a group of families that crossed the Atlantic as early as the 1830s…READ MORE
New York City Mayoral hopeful Christine Quinn has pledged her support to make immigration reform a top priority if elected this fall to lead the nation's largest city…READ MORE
A mansion in Crecora, Co Limerick, complete with its very own private lake, has sold for €450,000 ($599,800), a huge drop from the €2.3m ($3m) asking price from three years ago…READ MORE
A University College Cork scholar has made new discoveries about Viking loot that was ransacked from Ireland…READ MORE
Over 430,000 people and 20,000 musicians and dancers showed up in Derry over 7 nights for the annual Fleadh Cheoil or Irish music festival…READ MORE
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Top ten negative terms used to describe Irish...
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
- Photo shows Irish revolutionaries three years...
I notice the attack the messenger crowd are out in force since they can't deny the message. The so-called war on Christmas is a petulant overreactionPhoto shows Irish revolutionaries three years before Easter Rising
Could this man be one of the unnamed, Micheal Mac Ruairi, origially from Mayo,lived in the gate lodge at Pearse's school, and worked in the school.Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
Cahir, You made yourself seem to be a petulant child. All those words, to say I hate Palin. As I read them I couldn't help but think of how it soundedBill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an unrepentant “communist”