Today's Irish news roundup
The most popular news stories today as chosen by IrishCentral's readers
Timothy Cardinal Dolan has blasted The New York Times for claiming that he gave payments to pedophile priests when he was Bishop of Milwaukee...READ MORE
Boys will be boys! It’s no secret that the One Direction lads love a bit of craic, but things went to another level the other night backstage at their Detroit show...READ MORE
Mourners cried openly as Nicola Furlong’s younger sister told them how ‘the jigsaw of her life would never be finished’ after her horrific murder in Tokyo...READ MORE
For those of you who don’t know me, to make a long story short I’m a TV presenter with RTÉ and the current host of the Rose of Tralee. More importantly, I’m a Kerryman...READ MORE
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Ireland crowned “Top Tourist Destination”...
It's a sad comment on the ignorance of our age that so many people refuse to realize that the law is settled: businesses open and licensed to serve thThe New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-praised economic recovery
Ireland, not unlike other Western nations, followed the US model which insured those who took unwise and monstrous financial gambles would not only noRacist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent says Immigrant Council
Curitiba/Eamonn. My understanding of current DNA findings - - Scotland/ Wales/ Cornwall are recognised as 'Celtic' countries. Prior to the Roman OccupNo Irish prosecution for man named as world’s largest child porn kingpin
The rule of law must prevail. If there are grounds for charges and reasonable liklihood of conviction then the charges should be brought. But until