Robert F Kennedy is inducted into Irish-America Hall of Fame
The late senator's grandson accepted the award on behalf of the family
The late US senator Robert F Kennedy was inducted into the Irish America magazine Hall of Fame at a ceremony held on Friday at the inaugural Kennedy Summer School in County Wexford.
The award was presented to his grandson, Robert Kennedy III, a filmmaker and writer, who spoke of his family's links with Wexford and Ireland.
“I’ll accept this award and deliver it to my grandmother on behalf of her and my uncles and aunts and my many, many cousins. I’ll try to bring as many of them as I can back here next year and, if we get a third of them, we’re going to need a bigger room," he said, according to the Irish Times.
He also said he looked forward to next year's 50th anniversary of President John F Kennedy's visit to Ireland.
Mr. Kennedy said his family were "very close to our Irish heritage" and said it was "so cool" to visit the Kennedy homestead in nearby Dunganstown, where there were still people who remembered his granduncle President Kennedy's visit there in 1963.
“Even though I wasn’t alive during it, it makes me feel close to it,” he said.
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
Ah yes, Jesus, Mary and St. Joseph!!! And my friends would tell me my parents had the cutest accent. What accent? They don't have an accent! Also,Katherine Webb and the morbid depths of US sports 'journalism'
I find it funny how "DaddyMac22" is in fact Cormac the afterbirth but he refuses to identify himself properly. Ashamed, no doubt, of his ownGay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay bigots
I don't really care about baking, what caught my eye is the typical radical liberal notion that anyone who disagrees with your position is a bigot.Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital as father calls for inquest
monsters in that apartheid sliver of death.