Ten best and worst moments of 2010
The bad and good, the ying yang of news stories from this year
1.Best: Rescue of Chilean miners -- no doubt about it , if you didn’t feel a deep emotion and connection as a human being when the first miner was rescued then you didn’t have an empathetic bone in your body. A great moment.
Worst: Britain offering to help bail out Ireland in its financial crisis . Bad enough to have the IMF involved but the British!
2. Best: Iniesta scoring winning goal for Spain in World Cup. All through the tournmanent they had tried to play the beautiful game despite numerous attempts to hatchet them, especially by Holland in the final.
Worst: Michael Vick, who tortured dogs and made them fight to the death returning as some kind of football hero with the Philadelphia Eagles.
3. Best: Archbishop Diarmuid Martin accepting total responsibility for the dreadful pedophlle excesses in the Archdiocese of Dublin. Finally a senior church figure who stood up and was counted.
Worst: The details surrounding the worst pedophile of all ,Antony Walsh raping little boys on the altar and playing Elvis music to drown out their screams
4. Best: Green Party announcing they were pulling out of the Irish government and causing an election. None was never more badly needed.
Worst: Increasing evidence that no one will be prosecuted for Ireland’s mad excess of greed and corruption.
5. Best: A beautiful Irish summer which stretched on and on and never seemed to end.
Worst: The foul winter weather at the start of 2010 and again at the end causing air travel and traffic chaos.
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Bill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an...
If they stop baking wedding cakes for everyone to prevent them from baking a cake for even one gay couple, it's an action still motivated by bigotry aOffensive NFL sign outside restaurant just a symptom of a larger problem
@thetint Well you see Native Americans were already consulted on this issue (many years ago) and have okayed the use of "Redskins," "ClOffensive NFL sign outside restaurant just a symptom of a larger problem
If the Native Americans object to the word 'Redskins' then they should be listened to and engaged with.The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-praised economic recovery
what recovery? am on just under 10k a year, if i was once rich like o'donovan, and i had a gun i'd be shooting something more than pigeons, they're ar