Ten Irish politicians who spoke less than four times in Parliament
The Irish Daily Mail has published a list of ten TDs who spoke less than four times in Parliament this year. Their list show that former Prime Minister Bertie Ahern didn’t utter a sound.
Kerry TD, Jackie Healy-Rae, spoke so little that each word he uttered cost the public $18,548. Mr Healy Rae defended himself saying “Why should I go crawling to ministers with my problems across the floor of the house when I can go directly to them?”
A spokesperson for Bertie Ahern said that there was a “long-standing precedent that former Taoisigh (Prime Minister) are not requested to speak in Dáil debates”.
The newspaper published the top ten worst contributors along with the number of times they had opened their mouths in Parliament in 2010.
Here’s the list:
Bertie Ahern (0)
Jackie Healy-Rae (1)
Michael Woods (1)
Christy O’Sullivan (2)
Eamon Scanlon (3)
Dr Rory O’Hanlon (3)
Tom Kitt (3)
Noel Grealish (3)
Michael Fitzpatrick (3)
Michael Lowry (3)
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
- Irish students told “No Irish Need Apply”...
- Website attracts 80,000 Irish people ready...
- Top ten negative terms used to describe Irish...
Did any body notice how quick Independent.ie pulled all the negative comments about past & present corrupt politicians that ruined Ireland ?? EndaGay teacher fired from Catholic school after applying for same-sex marriage license
You cannot be a teacher in today's world without caring deeply for the welfare of the next generation and supporting the education systems we work inGay teacher fired from Catholic school after applying for same-sex marriage license
Love is love Chuck and it should be enjoyed by all, even you. I said the Catholic church, I don't know what you read, God only knows what is in your lThe mystery of Celtic and Irish symbols
The Tri-Colour was created by Thomas Meagher (Meagher of The Sword)1847? Native,Peace, New Comers.