Teen charged with murder of Irishman in Boston named
Galway man shot in the street returning from Irish heritage festival
The teenager facing charges for killing Irishman Ciaran Conneely and injuring two others in Boston last October has been named as 17-year-old John Graham.
The Boston Herald has reported that Graham appeared in court on Monday at the Suffolk Superior Court to face charges including first-degree murder for the shooting of the 36-year-old construction worker from Galway, Ciaran Conneely, on 10th October.
More US crime news on IrishCentral
Graham is also being charged in relation to the non-fatal shooting of two other men on 30th October. Police said these shootings were the result of an attempted robbery.
The 17-year-old was arrested on 6th November. He is being held on $100,000 cash bail.
The Irish victim, known to his friends as “Kiwi”, was originally from the Aran Islands. During his funeral the congregation heard that he was a “God-fearing man, who had come to call Boston home” over the past decade.
He was returning to his Dorchester home from the annual Irish Heritage Festival in Adams Corneron 10th October, when he was shot.
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- Ireland crowned “Top Tourist Destination”...
- How the Irish celebrate Christmas has changed...
- Dublin cops foil hit on drug kingpin John...
molliebawn, many many kids in rural Ireland used to share shoes or only wore them for special occasions so as not to ruin them or wear them out too faIrish radio presenter suspended after anti-Israeli comments aired on show
Apparently organizations like Hillel international don't stand for fair objective and impartial comments about Israel it anyone is critical of Israel,Order praised for delaying parade
The Orange Order has brought so much discredit on themselves by their drunken rioting and the promiscuous behaviour at the outdoor brothel that is TwaI want review of tests on gun that shot me, says IRA spy Martin McGartland
The tout McGartland was used by MI5 and they have now cast him aside. What's new?