Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island will remain closed until 2013 due to Hurricane Sandy damage
Landmark statue unharmed but damage around the island means it will not reopen this year
In a move that will disappoint many tourists visiting New York this holiday season, the National Park Service announced today that the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island will remain closed for the rest of the year as necessary repairs are made in the wake of Hurricane Sandy.
According to the New York Post, the Statue of Liberty itself is unharmed but brick walkways, railings and docks around Liberty Island have been destroyed.
Doors, windows and exhibits in the Ferry building on Ellis Island have been damaged, among other facilities, according to Fosters.com.
Repairs and cleanup operations are ongoing since the hurricane struck on October 29th and the National Park Service will surely be hoping for an early 2013 reopening.
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Bill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an...
I was born at Sean Ross Abbey in January of 1953. I was adopted out of there at around 5yo. In 1989 I went back to the Abbey spent the night and Sr. HGay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay bigots
As Bible-believing Christians the owners of this bake shop are aware of the Bible's condemnation of homosexual activity and therefore refuse to partiNelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning its arms during 2000 talks
The bigot eiriamach likes killing when it's done by the Israeli military, but she gets all demure and prim when it is done by others. You're a nazi aNelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning its arms during 2000 talks
Ferganainm: You don't understand the point? Well wake up. You have at least twice on this page identified the perpetrators of the Northern bank rob