Kennedy's poignant letter to Pope
Admits he has been 'imperfect' and asks for prayer
- Read / Excerpts from letters / Click here
- Video / Fr.Tarrant describes the final hours of Ted Kennedy's life / Click here
- Blog / Father Tim / Rest in peace
- Photos/ Ted Kennedy in Ireland / Click here
- News / A great Irish chieftain has passed / Click here
- Multimedia / Videos and photos - Irish visit, immigration, The Kennedys/ Click here
Senator Edward Kennedy spoke from beyond the grave last night at Arlington national cemetery.
Reading from a letter that Kennedy had sent to the Pope in July; Cardinal Theodore McCarrick revealed just how strong Ted Kennedy's Catholic faith was.
In the letter, Kennedy, who described himself as an "imperfect being," asked for blessing and prayer in his struggle with brain cancer.
He said he knew he was close to the end and wrote; "The disease is taking its toll on me," "I am preparing for the next passage of life."
"I have been blessed to be part of a wonderful family and both of my parents, particularly my mother, kept our Catholic faith at the center of our lives. That gift of faith has sustained and nurtured and provides solace to me in the darkest hours.
"I know that I have been an imperfect human being, but with the help of my faith I have tried to right my path.
"I have always tried to be a faithful Catholic, Your Holiness, and though I have fallen short through human failings, I have never failed to believe and respect the fundamental teachings of my faith. I continue to pray for God's blessings on you and on our church and would be most thankful for your prayers for me."
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
- Website attracts 80,000 Irish people ready...
- Photo shows Irish revolutionaries three years...
- Top ten negative terms used to describe Irish...
Hello everybody, my names is Cindy Davis Am from Canada i want to give thanks and honor to Dr.ATILA for the great work he did for me, he brought my loSusan Boyle reveals she has Asperger’s syndrome, high functioning autism
Many thanks for sharing your story, handsome68. It's good to be able to hear about others' experience as life isn't long enough to learn everything weGay teacher fired from Catholic school after applying for same-sex marriage license
notice how these creeps find crevices to weasle in to spread their sickness to the children.Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning its arms during 2000 talks
if you don't live in ireland - you're supposed to be ashamed of claiming to be irish - take the ridicule of the occupiers propaganda that spreads far