The letter to Pope Benedict XV1
'I know I have been an imperfect being'
- Video / Fr.Tarrant describes the final hours of Ted Kennedy's life / Click here
- Blog / Father Tim / Rest in peace
- Photos/ Ted Kennedy in Ireland / Click here
- News / A great Irish chieftain has passed / Click here
- Multimedia / Videos and photos - Irish visit, immigration, The Kennedys/ Click here
Excerpts from the letter from Sen. Edward M. Kennedy to Pope Benedict XVI.
"Most Holy Father I asked President Obama to personally hand deliver this letter to you. As a man of deep faith himself, he understands how important my Roman Catholic faith is to me, and I am so deeply grateful to him. I hope this letter finds you in good health.
"I pray that you have all of God's blessings as you lead our church and inspire our world during these challenging times. I am writing with deep humility to ask that you pray for me as my own health declines.
"I was diagnosed with brain cancer more than a year ago and although I continue treatment, the disease is taking its toll on me. I am 77 years old and preparing for the next passage of life.
"I have been blessed to be part of a wonderful family and both of my parents, particularly my mother, kept our Catholic faith at the center of our lives. That gift of faith has sustained and nurtured and provides solace to me in the darkest hours.
"I know that I have been an imperfect human being, but with the help of my faith I have tried to right my path.
"I want you to know Your Holiness that in my nearly 50 years of elective office I have done my best to champion the rights of the poor and open doors of economic opportunity.
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist...
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
- Bill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an...
- Top ten negative terms used to describe Irish...
- Irish students told “No Irish Need Apply”...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
Dano: dont shoot the messenger, GERRYMANDERING served the british well in the formation of that "statelet" i even read where Carson on hisIrish radio presenter suspended after anti-Israeli comments aired on show
What a Wally you've proven yourself to be blue shirt with your response or non response with rubbish and anti Islamaphobic inflammatory rhetoric. BeinGay teacher fired from Catholic school after applying for same-sex marriage license
This old religious nonsense really winds them up !! v interestingNelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning its arms during 2000 talks
If you were not there,your opinion is just white noise in the background of history.