Ryanair flight forced to abort after windscreen tape comes loose
A Ryanair flight was forced to abort after tape around the windscreen in the cockpit came loose a report has stated.
The flight from London to Latvia landed safely.
The tape was in place according to the Irish Aviation Authority (IAA), too use as an extra precaution to secure a new window seal on the plane.
Passenger Anthony Neal, 33, said passengers were "terrified".
He said the pilot reported "damage on the windscreen"
"We were kept in the dark, and were terrified," he told The Sun. "I could see guys taping in the windscreen with what looked like duct tape or gaffer tape.
"We were in the sky, then the pilot said due to damage on the windscreen, we were going to have to turn back."
Ryanair insists that there was no danger to passengers or crew.
"We do not comment on routine technical issues,” said a spokesman.
"All Ryanair flights operate in accordance with approved safety standards."
The IAA said it had completed its investigation into the incident.
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Bill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an...
- Irish students told “No Irish Need Apply”...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
- Dubliner found guilty of vicious Temple Bar...
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...
- Top ten negative terms used to describe Irish...
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis'...
- Are the Celts one of the ten lost tribes...
Finally! They hit the nail-on-the-head with 'donkeys'. My father, although born in Limerick but raised in NYC, used the term regularly to describe IriIrish students told “No Irish Need Apply” to Chicago for summer 2014
Could be worse, you could have a lot of drunken loutish Poms visiting Chicago instead of the fun lovin Irish. As the Irish song goes..."thank GoRacist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent says Immigrant Council
SO there is a crime problem, there is a welfare problem and there is aproblem housing immigrants. A stemming of immigration may be a good idea as loHollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope as little more than a ‘figurehead’
OFF TOPIC - You don't miss any opportunity to toss out that late term abortion nonsense do you? As before commented to your other names on here - the