President Obama's men spend time in Moneygall
“There is unbelievable community spirit for the whole thing, everybody is out cleaning and the painters are coming.
“The village is really coming together to make sure that Moneygall portrays a perfect picture of Ireland when the President gets here.”
Although he has yet to receive any information from the President’s officials, Healy is hopeful he will meet his distant cousin next month.
“I’ve had no contact from the White House at all but we maintained contact with the embassy and we maintained contact with the Irish American Democrats,” added Healy.
“I was there for the inauguration so I am hopeful that my contacts ensure I might be able to shake his hand."
Local Canon Stephen Neill told the Irish Times that he expects President Obama to: “Spend at least 24 hours and it could even be a couple of days.”
Canon Neill continued: “I am confident President Obama will want to do the thing justice and not just have a whistle-stop tour.”
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Bono, Gerry Adams, President Higgins all...
Ireland...a beautiful country currently beset with poor job prospects for most of her native born. And the solution is to import huge numbers of immigTop Christmas Irish ads that will be bring a tear to your eye (VIDEOS)
It will be bring a tear to my eyes to see your headline. Still, I know proofreader don't come cheap these days. IC thinks they same price as junk boSarah Palin is saving Christmas
Oops, "whatever"Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after applying for same-sex marriage license
What the arrogant conservatives posting here don't realize is that he was openly gay for years and beloved by his students and faculty alike. They are