President Obama’s decision on DREAM Act was the right move
President Obama’s decision to allow his version of the Dream Act and let the children of illegals stay here under certain conditions was a master stroke.
In one swoop he silenced his Hispanic critics and put GOP White House contender Mitt Romney on the back foot.
This country has a well-deserved reputation for empathy and fairness when it comes to immigration, but that has been lost in recent times.
Obama has reached back to an earlier time and allowed hundreds of thousands of young immigrants to dream again.
It was a remarkable step, but as The New York Times pointed out, one achieved with a great deal of hard work and effort by groups lobbying for Hispanics.
There is a lesson there for the Irish immigration lobby and others.
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
I find it funny how "DaddyMac22" is in fact Cormac the afterbirth but he refuses to identify himself properly. Ashamed, no doubt, of his ownGay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay bigots
I don't really care about baking, what caught my eye is the typical radical liberal notion that anyone who disagrees with your position is a bigot.Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital as father calls for inquest
monsters in that apartheid sliver of death.Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay bigots
About 20 years ago, I went into the restroom at a restaurant where I was a frequent customer. As I opened the door, a young male claimed that I hit hi