Polls open in Ireland for EU Fiscal Treaty referendum
Over three million eligible to vote
Ireland has gone to the polls again – voting is underway in the EU Fiscal Treaty referendum.
Polling stations opened at 7am on Thursday morning and will remain open until 10pm that night all across the country.
More than three million people are entitled to vote in the referendum.
This is Ireland’s ninth Europe-related referendum and the 33rd time the electorate has been asked to approve a change in the 1937 Constitution.
Government partners Fine Gael and Labor and their Fianna Fail opposition have all campaigned for a Yes vote.
Sinn Fein has led the No side in the campaigning which stopped at 2pm on Wednesday.
Opinion polls show a healthy lead for the Yes side but the No campaign believe many voters have still to make up their mind.
Reports say islanders and those in institutional care have already cast their ballot, while a further 13,000 are eligible for postal votes.
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
My greatest wish is to find my brother who was illegally adopted. I know this is a longshot. You were born to Mary Carey on 16th Sept 1944 at BessboroVirginia governor slammed by doctor over plain cigarette pack rejection
Where was MY FREEDOM to breathe clean air? My father smoked for over half of my life; I am 60. That's about 40yrs of second hand smoke. My sister smokRacist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent says Immigrant Council
I am sure Pope Francis is delighted to know he has quasi approval from our local, Catholic hating, Protestant abortion queen.Liam Neeson’s agent denies he was inebriated on TV show in Ireland
Hello everybody, my names is Cindy Davis Am from Canada i want to give thanks and honor to Dr.ATILA for the great work he did for me, he brought my lo