Police make major weapons find in action against dissident Republicans
Warhead and rocket launcher discovered in Belfast search
Police in Belfast have thwarted a dissident IRA attempt to launch a warhead against security forces.
The Police Service of Northern Ireland has confirmed that a rocket launcher and warhead were discovered by police in west Belfast.
A spokesman for the PSNI revealed that the weapons were found by officers investigating dissident republican activity in the city.
Irish state broadcaster RTE reports that the weapons were discovered while police were searching a house on Hawthorn Street.
A number of homes in the area were evacuated following the find.
The rocket launcher and warhead have been taken away for forensic examination.
The police spokesperson said: “These weapons systems are clearly intended to kill and we should be in no doubt that the recovery of these items has saved lives.”
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
Where was MY FREEDOM to breathe clean air? My father smoked for over half of my life; I am 60. That's about 40yrs of second hand smoke. My sister smokRacist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent says Immigrant Council
I am sure Pope Francis is delighted to know he has quasi approval from our local, Catholic hating, Protestant abortion queen.Liam Neeson’s agent denies he was inebriated on TV show in Ireland
Hello everybody, my names is Cindy Davis Am from Canada i want to give thanks and honor to Dr.ATILA for the great work he did for me, he brought my loTop Christmas Irish ads that will be bring a tear to your eye (VIDEOS)
Niall O'Dowd, as for my typos, can't you tell a bit of irony and parody when you see it?