Patrick Kennedy to marry
Son of late Ed Kennedy to wed
Patrick Kennedy, son of the late Senator Edward Kennedy, will marry his fiancé Amy Petitgout, a 32 year-old sixth-grade school teacher and mother of three-year-old daughter Harper from a previous marriage.
Amy teaches history at the Northfield Community School in New Jersey where the couple, both Catholics, have been living for over a year.
They met when Kennedy travelled to Atlantic City to address a statewide gathering about the work of his aunt Eunice Kennedy on the Special Olympics, when Petitgout, a graduate of Pennsylvania State University, stood in place for her father, a retired special education teacher.
Patrick Kennedy, son of Edward Kennedy, to write memoir about his life and addictions
Kennedy era over as Patrick Kennedy leaves Capitol Hill
Kennedy announced last year he would not run for a ninth term in Congress, a decision he made a few months after his father died. He told the Associated Press he is focusing on building his life with his fiancé and her daughter Harper whom he makes a point to be home to by 7pm every night to read bedtime stories.
"I want to make a difference in a different form in life," he added. "For me, this is a whole new journey."
In June, he was sentenced to one-year probation and a fine of $350 after pleading guilty to a charge of driving under the influence of prescription drugs.
He is currently working on an intimate memoir called Coming Clean which will be published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt.
- Horse disemboweled and sliced open in horrific.
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- Senator Schumer says Irish deserve a separate...
- Irish footballer under investigation after...
- Bill O'Reilly claims the Obama administration...
- Irish politician refuses to back down on...
- Enda Kenny rejects Dublin Archbishop's claims...
- Census shows more Catholics than Protestants...
- Gerry Adams accuses British government of...
- 'You attack one Muslim, you attack all Muslims'