Paddy Powers: odds on Sarah Palin for GOP nominee for president
Published Wednesday, September 15, 2010, 8:26 AM
Updated Wednesday, September 15, 2010, 8:30 AM
Irish bookies, Paddy Powers, is giving good odds on Sarah Palin and Mitt Romney as the Republican parties nominee’s for president. However they have also said that either would lose to President Obama.
Obama is given odds-on favorite at 8-1 to win a second term in the White House. In the past the Irish bookies have been spot on, and also completely off, when it comes to the American presidential elections.
They have also given good odds on Mick Huckabee, Tim Pawlenty, John Boehner and John Thune as possibilities for the Republican nominee. However, the favorites are the two former governors; Mitt Romney and Sarah Palin.
Sarah Palin was the 2008 Republican nominee John McCain’s choice for vice president while Romney, the former Massachusetts governor, was McCain’s top challenger for the Republican nomination.
Here’s a look at the rest of the contenders:
• 6-1 odds — Mike Huckabee.
• 8-1 odds — Tim Pawlenty, John Boehner and John Thune.
• 12-1 odds — Newt Gingrich, Haley Barbour and Mitch Daniels.
• 14-1 odds — David Petraeus.
• 16-1 odds — Fred Thompson, Bill Owens, Bobby Jindal and Jon Huntsman.
• 18-1 odds — Chuck Hagel.
• 20-1 odds — Rudolph Giuliani, Jeb Bush, Lindsey Graham, Chuck Baldwin and Scott Brown.
• 25-1 odds — Tom Ridge and Ron Paul.
• 33-1 odds — John McCain, Condoleezza Rice, George Allen, John Ensign, Paul Ryan and Rand Paul.
• 40-1 odds — George Pataki and Bill Frist.
• 50-1 odds — Sam Brownback and Arnold Schwarzenegger.
• 100-1 odds — Dick Cheney.
• 500-1 odds — Laura Bush.