Paddy Power taking bets on Guinness Day becoming a national holiday in Ireland
A day off to enjoy a pint of plain would be your only man!
Irish bookmaker Paddy Power is taking bets at 12-1 that September 24th, the date that Guinness celebrates its birthday, will become a national holiday.
Stranger things have happened!
Guinness is indelibly linked to Ireland, and the Irish love to have a day off, so an annual holiday where everyone would do nothing but drink Guinness sounds like a great idea!
Well, it actually sounds like a good description for every Irish holiday that is currently in existence, but to have its own actual holiday would be a blast!
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Ireland crowned “Top Tourist Destination”...
WE love the $ simpleSpanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air hostess calendar
She must be the only "holier than thou " judge in EspanaDunnes Stores protesters attended Nelson Mandela’s funeral
Another of of misguided socialist idiotsThe New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-praised economic recovery
delusional Proud Canadian--there are not enough rich left after the devastation to make any real difference- so rethink your ideas--I don't think you