Over a third of Irish births in second quarter 2012 are outside marriage or civil partnership
34 percent of births in second quarter 2012 outside marriage or partnership
Data presented by the Central Statisticians Office in Ireland shows that just over a third of births in Ireland in the second quarter of 2012 were registered as being outside of a marriage or civil partnership.
The CSO reported a total of 17,958 births between March and May, the second quarter of the year of 2012. This is a decrease of 2.3% when compared to the same period of 2011.
Accounting for 34 percent, 6,164 births of the total 17,958 births were registered as outside marriage/civil partnership in the second quarter of 2011.
Of this 34 percent, 3,449 births (19 percent) were born to unmarried parents with the same address.
Limerick City had the highest percentage of births outside marriage/civil partnership at 58 percent, while the lowest percentage occurred in Galway County, at 23%.
In quarter one of 2012, 2 births were registered in civil partnerships, and another 4 births in the second quarter of the year. In the twelve months of 2011, four births were registered under civil partnership.
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- Ireland crowned “Top Tourist Destination”...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
Proud Cabuck-Will wonders never cease! I agree with the Proud Canuck! I am not a religious person, but I never try to impose my personal beliefs on otNo surprise as Pope Francis named Time Person of the Year 2013
I. Think Gerry Adams and Pope Francis need to get better acquainted ?Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christmas (PHOTOS)
And those cheap industrial "chocolate" diamonds!Bill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an unrepentant “communist”
Pat123: Very good observation. We should judge a person by what they accomplish not by the labels put upon on them.