One in ten Irish academic staff on six-figure salaries
Irish academics salaries exposed
More than 1,000 employees at Ireland’s seven universities and the Dublin Institute of Technology are earning salaries of more than €100,000 ( $142,800) according to a report in the Sunday Times.
Documents released under the Freedom of Information Act show that just over 1,000 academics from these educational institutions took home six figure salaries.
According to the report Ireland’s highest paid University employee is University College Dublin (UCD) Vice President for research Des Fitzgerald who earns over €263,000 ($375, 564).
A spokesperson for UCD told the newspaper that 40 percent of its income is not reliant on public funds.
Last November the Irish Times revealed that over 75 percent of Ireland’s billion euro education budget was absorbed by pay and pensions.
The news comes after the announcement by Minister for Public Expenditure Brendan Howlin last week that a cap of €200,000 ($285,000) will be applicable to public service jobs.
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
Quoting Churchill to an Irish audience to make a point is not the silliest part of this sad missive. Like so many "Conservatives" Conboy mBill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an unrepentant “communist”
Obama is not a socialist, that is why you got ACA run by private insurance companies instead of Single Payer. I know he's not a socialist because I amUnionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for new flag for Northern Ireland (VIDEO)
More 'fried brain' nonsense...A sibling of an Irish person...is Irish...stay out of the Sun, 'n keep trying, cobber!!!Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after applying for same-sex marriage license
Hi alisaann, in truth, the ones who lose the most are the children. Marriage affords most people a means to bequeath possessions to the family without