Olympic betting scandal - Irish sailor is named by newspaper
Cork sailor Peter O’Leary is person Olympic committee is investigating
The Sunday Independent also reports that the Irish government are angry that they weren’t made aware of the allegations so close to the start of the 2012 Olympics.
Sports Minister Leo Varadkar told the paper: “I hope it did not mar morale in the Irish team.
“I only learnt about it today from the Irish Independent and don’t know the details. I understand it’s being investigated and I really hope it does not mar team morale at the start of what should be a great Olympics.”
Junior Sports Minister Michael Ring said: “I hope this is put to bed quickly and does not spoil the Olympics.”
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
Quoting Churchill to an Irish audience to make a point is not the silliest part of this sad missive. Like so many "Conservatives" Conboy mBill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an unrepentant “communist”
Obama is not a socialist, that is why you got ACA run by private insurance companies instead of Single Payer. I know he's not a socialist because I amUnionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for new flag for Northern Ireland (VIDEO)
More 'fried brain' nonsense...A sibling of an Irish person...is Irish...stay out of the Sun, 'n keep trying, cobber!!!Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after applying for same-sex marriage license
Hi alisaann, in truth, the ones who lose the most are the children. Marriage affords most people a means to bequeath possessions to the family without