Oldest New York bar the Fraunces Tavern shut down after massive Sandy damage
The tavern was built in 1763 and frequented by George Washington among others
He estimates about 30 percent of the workplaces in the area are still without power, which of course, make a dent in the amount of people who will be in the area to stop in for lunches and dinners during and after work hours.
Travers says that getting Fraunces Tavern back and operating at full speed will be like beginning a new business from the ground up, and that it will be difficult. Plenty of money and time are going to be consumed in the process, with what currently appears to be little or slow help from FEMA.
The distressed bar owner said that he’s received support from the Dublin side of The Porterhouse Brewing company, that they’ve been over and have done everything they can to help. Still, the process seems daunting, especially when time and money don’t appear to be on Travers’ side.
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Bill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an...
jetsnoone!! justice and freedom for all. As I said before most people are not Christian and you wish to change their tenets by another crusade. You'reBaby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital as father calls for inquest
As a nurse, I'm agreeing w/padraiginrua. There is more to this story than is being told. Head do not come away from bodies unless there are extraordinGay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay bigots
It's just that pesky Constitution(that the obama and his acolytes want to change) that stands in the way. You know, that Freedom of Religion thing thaSarah Palin is saving Christmas
Why has The Daily Show not recruited you, Cahir? You'd be brilliant!