News from around the 32 counties of Ireland
Mr Taggat's consortium had previously forwarded plans for a new Dublin South airport before the announcement they would consider developing in North Wexford if suitable land in South Wicklow was not located.
Gardaí are continuing to examine a wooded area in Co Wicklow where a human skull was discovered.
The skull, believed to be that of a man, was found at Ballyfolan, near Manor Kilbride outside Blessington.
Workmen clearing the wooded area, which is on private land, made the discovery.
Supt Eamonn Keogh, who is based at Baltinglass Garda station, said State Pathologist Marie Cassidy attended the scene yesterday and determined that the skull probably belonged to a man.
He said the best estimate was that the skull belonged to a male, aged between 18 and 50. He said the skull had probably been at the scene for between one and 20 years.
He said the skull had been removed from the scene for technical examination and there was unlikely to be any definite identification until later this evening or tomorrow.
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- Ireland crowned “Top Tourist Destination”...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Dublin cops foil hit on drug kingpin John...
Chuck I think that Socialism if of course worked properly(I guess if any system is worked properly will work out) will look at both sides. I think thaTralee Hospital seeking surgeons from Ireland and the US
Soon after I received a kidney transplant in the late '90s, a nephrologist at the Albany Veterans Hospital seemed very interested to hear that I hadRacist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent says Immigrant Council
Many Loyalists who reside north of the Partition claim to be Anglo-Saxons and therefore superior to their Nationalist neighbors.Some years ago I traveNew evidence emerges on death of Irish hero Michael Collins in IRA ambush - VIDEO
Had Collins survived the Civil War, he would have tried to reunite the divided Irish nation. He signed the Partition Treaty being of the impression th