News from around the 32 counties of Ireland
(Source: Westmeath Independent)
Four men have each been sentenced to ten years in prison for disposing of and trying to destroy the body of Rebecca French in Co Wexford last year. At the Central Criminal Court, Judge Barry White described the killing of the 30-year-old as 'brutal' and 'savage'. He said the sentence was the maximum he could impose.
(Source: RTE News)
An application by Bank of Ireland for €11.75 million judgment orders against a Co Wicklow property developer over unpaid loans has been adjourned after the developer became ill in court and was taken to hospital by ambulance last week. The full hearing of the bank's action against George Wilkin, Roselawn Green, Boghall Road, Bray, Co Wicklow, was listed for hearing before Mr Justice Sean Ryan at the Commercial Court after talks between the sides failed to resolve the case.
(Source: RTE News)
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
If the article did not specify Ireland, one might think it was about the U S. Ireland shrinks its unemployment via emigration, we shrink it by not cou62-year-old Boston priest caught with prostitute behind cemetery
Another error of judgement I suppose, being human and all that. Bloody disgusting.Dublin cops foil hit on drug kingpin John Gilligan, warn ex-con his life is in danger
He murdered Veronica Gilligan as well as Veronica Guerin? Read what is written in your columns before sending them out, Stupid mistakes make you seemThe New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-praised economic recovery
First of all, middle of all, and last of all, why would you believe anything that the NYT says?