News from Ireland - news from around the 32 counties
Whats going on in your home county
Cerebral palsy sufferer Dylan Walsh has returned to Wicklow town from the U.S.A. having undergone two potentially life-changing surgeries.
He was accepted for SDR (Selective Dorsal Rhizotomy) surgery in America, an operation that will allow him to stand and walk short distances independently.
He is now recuperating at home and his dad Gerard has some words to share with everyone who backed the “Dylan's Dream to Walk” fundraising campaign.
“It is down to the fantastic support we got that has made this possible for Dylan.”
[Source: Wicklow People]
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
I wonder if the Governor of Virginia put up similar protests on behalf of his constituents when the slave trade was outlawed everywhere else but his mGay teacher fired from Catholic school after applying for same-sex marriage license
Stevenstar , I live in Ireland and I can emphatically say that 75% of Irish people do NOT believe in gay "marriage " . The idea is regardedNelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning its arms during 2000 talks
You're right, Fergananim, about Americans not grasping the Irish weariness with IRA activities into the late 20th century. Americans find the idea ofAn open letter in strong defence of capitalism to Pope Francis
Yes, capitalism is very good at providing an abundance of low value items such as food and electronics, just so long as the State (the nation) provide