News from Ireland - news from around the 32 counties
A look at news from around Ireland
Nineteen-year-old Richard Hinds is charged with strangling Ms. Furlong (21) in a Tokyo hotel in May.
Mr. Furlong plans to travel with his ex-wife Angie and sister Andrea for the preliminary hearing on July 26 and 27 where they would come face to face with her killer.
[Source: Wexford Echo]
Raves are regularly taking place on the outskirts of the capital, it has emerged. The illegal parties in remote rural and wooded areas in Wicklow have become commonplace despite efforts by Gardaí (police) to stop them.
The raves have been held in areas such as Devil's Glen and Mahermore Beach since 2001 and there have been several already this summer according to one organizer, who spoke on condition of anonymity.
[Source: Evening Herald]
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
chiefs against redskins, an indian on indian crime. sign really would be offensive if it where the cowboys or patriots. I was really disappointed whenGay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay bigots
DonMiller: NOT if the state has a NON-DISCRIMINATION LAW on the books, which MOST if not ALL do....you are running a PUBLIC BUSINESS....if it were PRIGay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay bigots
That fella who types in all capitals is right. This simply would not happen in Ireland.An open letter in strong defence of capitalism to Pope Francis
Smyrnian: The State is what the whole machinery of Government and the Public Sector is known as in the UK. So when we say the State is paying for some