News from Ireland - news from around the 32 counties
Whats going on in your home county
More than 20 shop proprietors from around the district attended the meeting called by 'Retailers Against Smuggling(RAS) at the Riverside Park hotel.
They called for higher fines and greater enforcement of the laws against the illicit tobacco sellers operating door to door and out of vans.
(Source: Wexford People)
A father and daughter have been reunited 38 years after she was snatched out of his care.
Christy Cox and Wendy Parle (christened Suzanne by Christy) spent close to four decades separated from one another after a priest called to the Cox family home in 1973 and forcibly removed a three-month-old Wendy in order to put her up for adoption.
The pair finally managed to track one another down with the help of the website www.iwasadopted.com and now Christy looks forward to walking his long-lost daughter down the aisle during the summer.
They also only live a short distance apart from one another with Christy setting up home in Dunlavin and Wendy residing in Rathdrum.
(Source: The Wicklow People)
- Notre Dame sues federal government again...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...
- Smithwick inquiry finds Irish police may...
- Caroline Kennedy “selfie” in Japan reveals...
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis'...
- Ireland wins top spot on Forbes’ Best Countries
- Why Ireland needs to give its emigrants a...
- Pope Francis calls capitalism “new tyranny”...
- Sarah Jessica Parker opens her heart to grievin
If Notre Dame wants federal dollars it should abide by federal law. This is a democracy not a theocracy. If they want to prevent young woman from acceNotre Dame sues federal government again over birth control
Darao: How shallow can a human being become as to be indifferent to the destruction of family stability, the encouragement of male irresponsibility, aUnionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for new flag for Northern Ireland (VIDEO)
Wipe you ass with the union jack Haas is an idiot as wellMarried priests could well be Pope Francis' legacy, says Irish theologian
homosexuality is a normal part of our civilized society. Even the Pope himself says -- who are we to judge. What civilized people should not do is