News from Ireland - news from around the 32 counties
Gardai say that tensions in a bitter drugs feud in Bray, Co Wicklow, are threatening to spiral out of control after the latest gun attack which happened at the home of Philip 'Philly' O' Toole's father Brendan last weekend.
At least 14 shots were fired at the house in Ard Chualann in Fassaroe as the dangerous turf war intensifies.
'Philly' O' Toole was lucky to escape with his life when he was targeted in a feud-related shooting in leafy Enniskerry, Co Wicklow, last month.
The gangster was shot in the stomach but escaped with his life when he wrestled the gunman to the ground. He spent a number of days being treated in hospital after the incident.
Gardai have arrested the 29-year-old drug addict who they believe was "paid a pittance" by O' Toole's rivals to shoot the criminal, but he was later released without charge.
(Source: The Herald)
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
Conboy trying to justify the Gordon Gecko's of this world and it's greedy trickle down economics. He forgets or doesn't understand social democraciesPanorama programme raises questions about New Lodge Six
Take your RUC police deaths and stickem up your A$$ ! Long live the IRA ! NEVER FORGET YOUR ENERMY !Let's not kid ourselves, a new flag won't solve root problem
IRELAND FOR THE IRISH !Is it time we took a leaf out of Mr Mandela's book?
To late Mr.Adams & McGuinness, you gave up your guns !