New York protest planned over pregnant Indian woman’s death in Irish hospital
Protests continue as Irish PM says they will not be rushed on abortion law
Savita’s father, Andaneppa, said “If the Irish law on abortion is changed, I would think my daughter has been sacrificed for a good cause.
“We are happy the issue is being discussed internationally to change the law. Protests and social campaigns are being carried out in Ireland. Our government also needs to pressure them. If it works and the law is changed, then my daughter will rest in peace."
Andaneppa said their son-in-law, Praveen Halappanavar, was ready “to lead the social change in Ireland. He added “We'll do our bit in India.”
The Hindu reports that India's Ambassador to Ireland Debashish Chakravarti met the Irish Foreign Minister Eamon Gilmore on Friday and conveyed New Delhi’s concerns over Savita death and, as the newspaper put it, Ireland’s “the country’s archaic anti-abortion law."
15 - 46 | See all comments
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Bill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an...
I was born at Sean Ross Abbey in January of 1953. I was adopted out of there at around 5yo. In 1989 I went back to the Abbey spent the night and Sr. HGay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay bigots
As Bible-believing Christians the owners of this bake shop are aware of the Bible's condemnation of homosexual activity and therefore refuse to partiNelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning its arms during 2000 talks
The bigot eiriamach likes killing when it's done by the Israeli military, but she gets all demure and prim when it is done by others. You're a nazi aNelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning its arms during 2000 talks
Ferganainm: You don't understand the point? Well wake up. You have at least twice on this page identified the perpetrators of the Northern bank rob