New York based Irish immigrant dies after being hit by car on vacation
Pearl River resident passes away after tragic accident
A New York man has died in Co. Kerry, three weeks after he was injured in a road traffic accident.
Irish immigrant Dan Long, who had lived most of his life in Pearl River, New York, was on vacation in his native Abbeydorney on August 27 when he was struck by a car at Montanagay.
According to the Kerryman, the deceased was visiting family in Abbeydorney at the time, including his brother Tom and sister Peg who live in the area.
The 68-year-old was walking near the GAA complex at around 9.40pm when he was hit by an oncoming vehicle.
He remained in critical condition from his injuries at Kerry General Hospital for three weeks. He passed away on September 20.
Hundreds of people gathered to pay their respects to the Abbeydorney man at his removal from Casey's funeral home in Causeway last Tuesday evening. His body was flown back to New York for burial.
According to his obituary, the Kerry emigrant belonged to the Irish Cultural Center in Blauvelt and the Kerry Man's Association.
He is survived by his wife Kathy, children Ann Marie and Brendan, brothers Ned and Tom, sisters Maureen and Peg and extended family.
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Bill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an...
Ah Jesus will we never stop with the petty personal attacks here? O'Reilly is exactly right...Mandela was for most of his life a hard-core communistSF outcast can't break away from party control
That's why Adams is the most popular politician in Ireland in EVERY opinion poll held. Adams was questioning Kenny about corruption in the governmentIrish radio presenter suspended after anti-Israeli comments aired on show
But I agree with Shuvonn's words to Schlomo. One of the great ironies of the modern state of Israel is that, indeed, the culture of its citizens as w