New York City baker crafted €100,000 Sean Quinn family wedding cake
Cake was flown to Ireland for wedding ceremony
An 82-year-old New Yorker is the creator of the €100,000 Quinn wedding cake, it has emerged.
The Irish Independent reports that Sylvia Weinstock is the woman behind what is likely to be the most expensive wedding cake in Irish history.
The daughter of Sean Quinn, Ciara married solicitor Niall McPartland in 2007 in Cavan. A lavish affair attended by over 400 guests, the cost of the wedding cake was charged to a subsidiary of the Quinn Group.
At the time of the wedding, Fermanagh-born Quinn was, according to Forbes magazine, the richest man in Ireland. Quinn has since filed for bankruptcy after the financial collapse of the Quinn Group, a company he founded in 1973.
Read More: Quinn Company billed for €100,000 cake during Ciara Quinn’s 2007 nuptials
In a hark back to more extravagant times, Weinstock and her team crafted the wedding cake in New York before packing it into 20 boxes and flying it to Ireland.
The six foot cake of tiered layers was made up of cascading edible flowers.
According to Weinstock’s blog, she uses crème de la crème, finest butter, heavy cream, fresh fruit and imported chocolate to create ‘celebratory cakes’.
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- Ireland crowned “Top Tourist Destination”...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Dublin cops foil hit on drug kingpin John...
Despite their lack of Political Correctness in some circles, over 90 percent of today's marriages are between one man and one woman. Maybe those of uPope Francis calls capitalism “new tyranny” calls on leaders to fight poverty
"Obama and Kenny are baby killers" what asinine crap some people spew on IC.Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning its arms during 2000 talks
Sinn Fein never wanted or asked for a state based on any religious tenets.Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay bigots
Anyone mention protection? Or is seanomelb, once again, showing off his 4th grade reading comprehension?