New Irish government will recall all ambassadors in first 100 days
Emigrant vote in prez elections, new efforts on roots tourism also projected
- Income tax will not be increased
- Social Welfare payments will not be cut
- Public Sector numbers will be cut, by 21,000 workers by 2014 with a further four to five thousand job cuts to follow
- Child benefit will not change in the immediate future
- Funding for Third Level education will be examined but any changes will not affect access to further education for all students
- The number of TDs will be reduced in line with the 2011 Census
- Ministers’ salaries will be cut, political expenses will have to be vouched for and severance payments for ministers will be cut
Fine Gael spokesman Phil Hogan told state broadcasterRTE: “The new government is going to hit the ground running to get confidence going again in the economy.”
Labour negotiator Brendan Howlin also admitted on Sunday afternoon that the incoming Coalition needs to repair ‘broken bridges’ with Ireland’s EU partners as it attempt to renegotiate the EU/IMF deal.
The Coalition deal will be discussed by Fine Gael and Labour delegates in Dublin on Sunday afternoon but both meetings are expected to endorse the proposal.
Further talks will be held on Monday to sort out how many Ministers will represent each party in the 31st Dail.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Obama relative gets personal special deal...
- Amazing story of how Choctaw Indians raised...
- Smithwick inquiry finds Irish police may...
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis'...
- Why Ireland needs to give its emigrants a...
- Sarah Jessica Parker opens her heart to grievin
- Pope Francis calls capitalism “new tyranny”...
- Most Americans are in favor of immigration...
- Amazing story of the Quakers and the Irish...
Boy have we really gotten of topic!! I never thought that I would come on here and read that Chuck and Woundedknee would be at each others throats. ThMarried priests could well be Pope Francis' legacy, says Irish theologian
Handsome I hear you. I was married when I was 56 and just recently separated. I was single for 56 years and celibate for a lot of those years. The eigIrish radio presenter suspended after anti-Israeli comments aired on show
Let a jew do the talking, go read Goliath, life and loathing in greater Israel by MAX BLUMENTHAL, This saids it all ! Racist state for racist people.The most annoying Christmas songs of all time (VIDEOS)
I could do very well with never hearing Christmas Shoes or Christmas Eve in Washington and anything Mariah Carey screechs tru.