Murphy new chair of ILIR
The well-known Irish immigration advocate Bart Murphy is taking over as chairman of the Irish Lobby for Immigration Reform (ILIR).
Murphy, who sits on the board of the American Ireland Fund and is the chair of the coalition of Irish Immigration Centers, is one of theoriginal ILIR board members.
He will be taking over from current chairman Niall O'Dowd.
O'Dowd, who will swap places with Murphy on the advisory board, is stepping aside to devote his attention to a new business. He recently announced he was heading up a new Irish Web site IrishCentral.com, which aims to become a global Irish portal.
However, O'Dowd has pledged to remain committed to the cause.
"I will continue to serve on ILIR's advisory board and be available to the organization on an ongoing basis," he said. "My new role at Irish Central requires full time attention."
"At this key period for immigration reform," he said. "I believe Bart will do a magnificent job. There is no one more experienced. "
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Bill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an...
Someone who is proud to be a Canuck is not really in any position to judge the intelligence of anyone else. Just saying.Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for new flag for Northern Ireland (VIDEO)
A sibling can apply for an Irish passport. Any sibling of an Irish person meaning a sibling born outside of Ireland bonehead. One really does have toNelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning its arms during 2000 talks
Eiriamach!! The IRA were fighting state terrorism and had massive support in the 70's and 80's and I am disappointed you take the side of unionism andBill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an unrepentant “communist”
Some make a lot over the fact that Mandela associated with communists while looking over the fact that he also associated with capitalists. He was a n