Mother of accused in Phoebe Prince suicide defends daughter
- High school boyfriend betrayed Phoebe Prince / Click here
- Nine teens charged in school bullying suicide of Phoebe Prince / Click here
- Tragic suicide of bullied Irish girl in Massachusetts / Click here
The mother of a student charged in the Phoebe Prince suicide case has denied her daughter had any ill will towards her. The mother of Sharon Chanon Velazquez stated she came from a home of "strong values.”
She told the Boston Herald her daughter was suspended after an argument with the Irish-born Phoebe a month before her suicide.
“She exchanged a couple of words with her,” said Angeles Chanon. “My daughter never fought with her or said, ‘Go harm yourself,’ or ‘I hate you.’”
Sharon Chanon Velazquez, 16, broke down when she learned she had been indicted in the case yesterday. She was charged as a youthful offender with stalking and violation of civil rights resulting in bodily injury.
“We have strong values, and I don’t like injustice, and injustice includes bullying or being racist,” her mother said, stating that she grounded the teen at the time of the altercation in addition to the school suspension.
“Phoebe was calling her names. They’re teenagers. They call names,” Chanon said. “She did not physically assault (her). I know she knows better than that. I wouldn’t accept that.
“She didn’t do any of those things, but I guess we have to fight,” Chanon said. “My daughter is not a violent kid.
“It’s very unfortunate to know what happened to that girl. I can hardly imagine what that family is going through and is still going through,” she added.
15 - 36 | See all comments
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
Quoting Churchill to an Irish audience to make a point is not the silliest part of this sad missive. Like so many "Conservatives" Conboy mBill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an unrepentant “communist”
Obama is not a socialist, that is why you got ACA run by private insurance companies instead of Single Payer. I know he's not a socialist because I amUnionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for new flag for Northern Ireland (VIDEO)
More 'fried brain' nonsense...A sibling of an Irish person...is Irish...stay out of the Sun, 'n keep trying, cobber!!!Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after applying for same-sex marriage license
Hi alisaann, in truth, the ones who lose the most are the children. Marriage affords most people a means to bequeath possessions to the family without