More than 30 Irish featured on British Rich List despite recession
Despite a nationwide recession and decline in property value in Ireland 30 people have made it onto the UK property Rich List.
The list is compiled by Estates Gazette, the UK property magazine.
Number 27, and top Irish man on the list, is John Magnier, a horse breeder.
It is believed he is worth £540m, but lost £20m this year.
Last year Magnier was number 18 on the list.
Limerick native JP McManus is one of only seven Irish people who has recorded an increase in his wealth.
He is supposedly worth £490m and comes in at number 34.
McManus is a former bookie and owns horses and property worldwide.
This year six new entries were recorded.
No 72 is owners of Slaney Meats, Bert and Maurice Allen.
They once owned, and recently sold, the Bewley hotel chain for about £190m.
No. 160 is Patrick Kelly, owner of Kelland Homes, a development company.
He is believed to be worth £90m.
Hoteliers and property developers Miriam and Noel O'Callaghan ranked in at 172.
The couple own a number of hotels in Dublin.
They are worth £80m.
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
- Website attracts 80,000 Irish people ready...
- Photo shows Irish revolutionaries three years...
- Top ten negative terms used to describe Irish...
my best friend's mother-in-law makes $79/hour on the laptop. She has been out of a job for 5 months but last month her pay check was $16783 just workiSan Diego teenager to snowboard for Ireland at February’s Winter Olympics
my best friend's mother-in-law makes $79/hour on the laptop. She has been out of a job for 5 months but last month her pay check was $16783 just workiSheffield Wednesday told that Roy Keane has no interest in being manager
my best friend's mother-in-law makes $79/hour on the laptop. She has been out of a job for 5 months but last month her pay check was $16783 just workiPearl River trad group Girsa to perform holiday concerts in the tristate area