Death of an Irish-American hero
Last surviving Kennedy brother loses his battle with brain cancer
- News / A great Irish chieftain has passed / Click here
- News / Tributes pour in for the late Ted Kennedy / Click here
- News / Lion of the Senate is dead / Click here
- News / Undocumented Irish say farewell / Click here
- Multimedia / Videos and photos - Irish visit, immigration, The Kennedys/ Click here
- Comment / Senator Edward Kennedy - The lion in winter / Click here
- Comment / Niall O'Dowd - Why Teddy picked Obama / Click here
- Roots / The Irish Kennedys / Click here
- Roots/ Irish America magazine 1997 interview with Ted Kennedy / Click here
Sen. Ted Kennedy died shortly before midnight Tuesday at his home in Hyannis Port, Mass., at age 77.
The man known as the "liberal lion of the Senate" had fought a more than year-long battle with brain cancer, and according to his son had lived longer with the disease than his doctors expected him to.
IrishCentral exclusively reported that Sen. Edward Kennedy had received the Last Rites from the Catholic Church on Tuesday as he began to lose his battle with the deadly cancer.
Sources close to the family confirmed that Kennedy, deeply religious like all the Kennedys, was anointed by a priest who administered the Sacrament to him at his bedside.
"We've lost the irreplaceable center of our family and joyous light in our lives, but the inspiration of his faith, optimism, and perseverance will live on in our hearts forever," the Kennedy family said in a statement.
"He loved this country and devoted his life to serving it."
Senator John McCain this week said the Senate was a tougher place without Kennedy.
- Dublin man jailed for six years for vicious...
- Bobby Sands banner results in big fine for...
- The Irish foods immigrants crave at Christmas...
- Gerry Adams applauded as he joins ANC Guard...
- Megyn Kelly says Santa and Jesus are white,...
- Did Gabriel Byrne and Madonna get very friendly
- Dissident Republicans cause havoc in Belfast...
- The pro and cons of marrying an Irishman
- Bishop Thomas Tobin and the bogus war on...
- Irish government announces Santa’s plans...
Way too fast for me to enjoy.Bobby Sands banner results in big fine for Glasgow Celtic football club
In Oakland California we have a street named "GERRY ADAMS WAY"Spectacular video gives a flying visit over beautiful Ireland
If proof is needed to substantiate my comment I have proof positive pictures I can send.Spectacular video gives a flying visit over beautiful Ireland
Why is the picture you are showing (Lush Green IRELAND From The Air) not a picture of Ireland but is really a picture of the Hanalei Valley on the Isl