Limerick man jailed for dissident behaviour, threats against members of the British Army
Man arrested after Irish citizens serving in the British Army are threatened
A man in his 40s was arrested by Gardai on suspicion of dissident republican activity after Irish citizens serving in the British Army were threatened.
The Limerick man was detained at Henry Garda station in Limerick this morning under the provisions of Section 30 of the Offences Against the State Act 1939, following a search of a house in the city.
The Garda operation came after a warning made by the continuity IRA during a commemoration for Sean South.
It described Irish people in the British Army as “legitimate targets,” according to The Irish Sun.
A party figure for Republican Sinn Fein later denied any official involvement in the January 6 ceremony, where men in paramilitary uniforms carried Republican Sinn Fein banners ahead of the event.
The threat prompted Justice Minister Alan Shatter to issue a statement that dissidents would face the full rigours of the law.
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
I know of one very Irish guest house operated by an Irish couple in Connecticut, near my wife's hometown. She and I have spent a few nights there arouNelson Mandela once considered a terrorist by many Irish political leaders
You should hear in the USA the right wng extremists calling Nelson Mandela all kinds of names and insults...........Why because he is black. These riVirginia governor slammed by doctor over plain cigarette pack rejection
YOur welcome to smoke - and take a decade off you life from lung cancer, throat cancer, nicotine scaring the arteries which provides places where plaAn open letter in strong defence of capitalism to Pope Francis
I'm not caht but he's a great guy, especially compared to his past extremist right wing German pope As for capitalism, in the USA, the gap between th