John Walker Lindh, the American Taliban, seeks Irish citizenship - POLL
Irish American likely to settle in Ireland on his release if given citizenship
John Walker Lindh was captured in Takhar province in late November 2001.
John was spotted and removed from the body of prisoners for questioning. The moment was recorded on video and later seen by millions on television.
In the video, Lindh sits mutely on the ground as he is questioned about his nationality by a CIA agent Mike Spann later killed by the Taliban.
"Irish? Ireland?" Spann asks.
Walker remains silent.
As shown on British Channel 4 news, Spann then asks Lindh, "Are you a member of the IRA?
"Who brought you here?… You believe in what you are doing that much, you're willing to be killed here?" Spann asks.
15 - 60 | See all comments
- Megyn Kelly says Santa and Jesus are white,...
- Irish outrage over NY Times pigeon-eating...
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Engaged couple fired by Catholic school for...
- How the Irish celebrate Christmas has changed...
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
At a minimum wage of €8.65 per hour (according to Barry), no one would prefer to be on the dole, and even those earning the minimum contribute toMegyn Kelly says Santa and Jesus are white, get used to it (VIDEO)
It;s difficult to believe that so many posters can be so ignorant and racist. Jesus was a palestinian jew and Nicholas was a greek saint born in whatMegyn Kelly says Santa and Jesus are white, get used to it (VIDEO)
Kelly's ' tractor beam of stupid' is a fun phrase.Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christmas (PHOTOS)
The worst thing about Christmas is people who look for ridiculous, inconsequential things to get pissed off about at Christmas time, like O'Reilly, Pa