John McCain voices support for immigration reform in new Congress
Arizona senator has been a key voice in the past on the issue
Senator John McCain has added his voice to top Republicans calling for comprehensive immigration reform.
Since the election and the record low levels of Hispanic support for the GOP key Republican figures have begun advocating for a new look at their immigration policies.
Sen. John McCain, tweeted on Friday that he now supports “calls for comprehensive immigration reform.”
McCain was a key supporter of comprehensive reform along with Senator Edward Kennedy in the 1980s and 1990s.
However, he dropped his pro-immigration stance when running for president in 2008 when the issue was a major attack focus of the GOP.
Now he could well be the main Republican standard bearer in the U.S. Senate.
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
- Photo shows Irish revolutionaries three years...
- Bono, Gerry Adams, President Higgins all...
James Farrell is certainly attempting to anger a bunch of people whom he has never met and has such a narrow world view of that he cannot see them asAn open letter in strong defence of capitalism to Pope Francis
Here is what Francis actually said on the subject at hand: "This imbalance [between rich and poor] is the result of idealogies which defend the aAn open letter in strong defence of capitalism to Pope Francis
Since he is against Capitalism, would the Pope tell Jesus he was wrong about the parable of the 3 servants given the varying amounts of money? The seAn open letter in strong defence of capitalism to Pope Francis
It's not that some are able to accumulate vast wealth, it's the fact some of these well-off people don't believe in a progressive income tax structure