JFK’s only grandson set to pursue a political career after college
Jack Schlossberg, son of Caroline Kennedy, is a chip off the old block
CROWLEY: It's interesting, you're saying the social issues in some way sort of drive out the young vote. Let me ask you, and I'll start with you, would you like Jack to have a career in politics?
KENNEDY: Well, Jack's great, and I know whatever he does, he'll do it with all his heart, so whatever that is, I would be fully behind it.
CROWLEY: So mom wouldn't stand in the way?
KENNEDY: Well, he's got to finish college, so you know, so why don't we come back and talk about that later.
CROWLEY: OK, let me try with Jack then here. So you're a sophomore at Yale. And I should ask you what's wrong with Harvard, but OK. Would you think about running for office? Does politics interest you?
SCHLOSSBERG: Politics definitely interests me. I'm most interested in public service. I think that's something that I got from being part of my family, which is such an honor. I haven't even picked what classes I'm taking this semester yet, so I'm not thinking about a political career right now.
CROWLEY: Thinking about getting through Yale, right?
CROWLEY: OK. And I just have to ask you about the tribute to Uncle Teddy, your great-uncle and your godfather.
CROWLEY: Right. Any dry eyes in the room you were in?
KENNEDY: No, that was so wonderful. I don't know, it was just great to feel his presence here, and I think everybody shared that feeling.
SCHLOSSBERG: Teddy showed up for every, you know, first communion, Thanksgiving, everything, and it was so typical for him to show up one last time here again, which is great.
CROWLEY: Jack Schlossberg and his mom, Caroline Kennedy, thanks for spending some time with us. Back to you, Anderson.
KENNEDY: Can't wait to see you on the debates.
A video of the conversation can be seen here.
- Horse disemboweled and sliced open in horrific.
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- Bill O'Reilly claims the Obama administration...
- Senator Schumer says Irish deserve a separate...
- Enda Kenny rejects Dublin Archbishop's claims...
- Census shows more Catholics than Protestants...
- Irish footballer under investigation after...
- Irish politician refuses to back down on...
- 'You attack one Muslim, you attack all Muslims'
- Gerry Adams accuses British government of...