JFK picture with Marilyn Monroe fetches $150,000 - SEE PHOTOS
Famous photograph among historical batch sold
A collection photographs by White House photographer Cecil Stoughton have fetched over $150,000 at a New York City auction. The collection includes a rare image of Marilyn Monroe, John F. Kennedy and his brother Robert at a Democratic Party fundraiser.
Stoughton’s collection of 12,000 photographs was expected to bring in over $200,000. The collection was put up to auction by Stoughton’s estate at Bonham’s auction house in New York.
The Monroe shot was sealed in an envelope marked “Sensitive Material — May 19, 1962." The image itself sold for just $9,000. This was above the presale estimate of $4,000 to $6,000.
Cecil Stoughton was officially the first White House photographer. His most famous shot show Lyndon B. Johnson being sworn in directly after Kennedy’s assassination.
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
This is one time that I have to agree with you chuck, except for the Socialist part of your comment. I think that you are bang on. I believe that withOffensive NFL sign outside restaurant just a symptom of a larger problem
Why not simply remove red from the American language. I am sure that communists are offended by it as well. St.Johns was once the Red Storm, now theyThe New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-praised economic recovery
If the article did not specify Ireland, one might think it was about the U S. Ireland shrinks its unemployment via emigration, we shrink it by not cou62-year-old Boston priest caught with prostitute behind cemetery
Another error of judgement I suppose, being human and all that. Bloody disgusting.