Isle of Dreams
Most who left ended up in Massachusetts around the towns of Springfield and Holyoke where West Kerry people tended to congregate. Mike Kearney is among the last of the hardy breed who came off the island to seek a new life elsewhere.
When he entered the lecture hall at the Blasket Center the applause was long and loud. Through him the connection to the magical island to the west was still tangible and real. Earlier that night a mist and fog had hung over the island, while elsewhere the sky was clear.
It reminded me of Hy Brasil, that magical and mythical island of Celtic lore where happiness and peace can be found.
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
Curitiba, You ask me "what's the massive difference?" between English and Irish people (in support of your argument that "Ireland is aThe perfect gift for Christmas, a stay at an Irish hotel
I know of one very Irish guest house operated by an Irish couple in Connecticut, near my wife's hometown. She and I have spent a few nights there arouNelson Mandela once considered a terrorist by many Irish political leaders
You should hear in the USA the right wng extremists calling Nelson Mandela all kinds of names and insults...........Why because he is black. These riVirginia governor slammed by doctor over plain cigarette pack rejection
YOur welcome to smoke - and take a decade off you life from lung cancer, throat cancer, nicotine scaring the arteries which provides places where pla