Irish woman prepares to marry an American man she’s only met online
Belfast woman set to marry Oklahoma car restorer – her “soulmate”
“We spoke nearly every day, first of all on Facebook then over the phone.
“Neither of us owned webcams, but we exchanged photos.
“And over time we opened up to each other.
“Although we discussed visiting each other, flights were expensive.”
McMahon, a divorced father-of-two, stole Mallon’s heart with old fashioned romancing. He wrote her a love letter.
She explained that the letter read, “I think you’re the one I’ve been searching for all my life”.
“I couldn’t have put it better myself. Joseph was most definitely The One,” Mallon continued.
“I wrote back, telling him I felt the same.”
Four weeks later, McMahon phoned and proposed to his Irish love.
She said, “It was so romantic I nearly dropped the phone in excitement.
“Without hesitating I accepted his offer of marriage.”
Although Mallon’s children support her decision to marry McMahon, not all of her family are behind her.
Mallon reasoned, “There will always be some doubters in the family, and we will just have to prove them wrong.”
“I can’t wait to meet Joseph. He’s promised me a ‘proper’ proposal in person too — and the first thing we’ll do is shop for wedding rings.
The couple plan to have a small ceremony at a quiet church on McMahon’s 50th birthday, 7th October. They then plan to go to Oklahoma for their honeymoon where Mallon can meet her new American family.
Paying tribute to how this unique couple met, Courtney, Mallon’s daughter, will walk her mother down the aisle.
Courtney said, “I thought Mum deserved to be happy again, so I pushed her to try online dating… She was happy, and that made me happy.”
- Good Morning America says Sasha and Malia...
- Sinn Fein deputy leader speaks out against...
- Michelle Obama and daughters trace their...
- Former church spokesman criticised for using...
- President Obama’s visit to North comes at...
- Daily Mail unloads on 'drunken young' Paddys...
- Dating website for ‘homosensible’ Catholic...
- Michelle Obama and daughters visit Glendalough.
- Body of Irish immigrant tossed in medical...
- Massive outpouring of support as $65,000...