Irish towns recognized in the World’s Rudest Place names - Effin and Nobber make the list
Expert creates interactive map with “vaguely” rude names from around the globe
There are just some place names that bring out your inner sniggering schoolboy such as Intercourse, PA, or Lake Titicaca, in Peru. Of course Ireland has its fair share of funny place names including Muff, Effin, and Termonfeckin and these other absurdly named towns have made it to British geo technologist’s online map of “vaguely rude place names of the world.”
Gary Gale “a geo technologist and a geographer at heart”, according to his website, mused on the question “Could you possibly combine the British fondness for innuendo with geography and put it on a map?”
After some global searching Gale created an interactive map that is “vaguely NSFW [Not Suitable for Work]” but has “real geographical data behind” it.
Among Gale’s rude choices for Ireland are:
* Dripsey, County Cork
* Effin, County Limerick
* Muff, County Donegal
* Nobber, County Meath
* Ring, Ringville, County Waterford
* Ringrash Road, Macosquin, County Derry
* Termonfeckin, County Louth
Outside of Ireland there are some very interesting place names such as Anus, in the Philippines, Six Mile Bottom in Cambridgeshire, UK and Semen in Indonesia.
Check out the interactive map here.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Smithwick inquiry finds Irish police may...
- Notre Dame sues federal government again...
- Why Ireland needs to give its emigrants a...
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis'...
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...
- Amazing story of how Choctaw Indians raised...
- Caroline Kennedy “selfie” in Japan reveals...
- 'Danny Boy' turns 100 and the experts explain...
- Sarah Jessica Parker opens her heart to grievin
Ireland is pretty much owned by the Franklin Templeton Funds, which bought up all their debt for pennies on the dollar. Like it or not, Ireland is nowIrish women voted among the hottest in the world
SHsssh I live with one of these hot wild women--I know what I'm talking about--these are the hottest females on the planetCork mother grieves for husband, son and unborn child killed by suicidal driver
This game police play "chasing cars" often ends up like thisUnionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for new flag for Northern Ireland (VIDEO)
Well Im a sailor & an aviator also--when I look at my chars heading towards Ireland England Scotland Wales I see on the chart " The British