Irish swine flu victim worked for AIB’s anti-fraud department
Billy Graham had no underlying medical condition before catching the H1N1 virus
- Ireland on full alert for swine flu as second person dies / Click here
- FAQ / Symptoms, how it spreads, what you should do / Click here
- Back to school sparks major swine flue fears in Ireland / Click Here
The second person to die from swine flu in Ireland was an Allied Irish Bank (AIB) employee who had no underlying medical condition before catching the H1N1 virus.
Billy Graham, who was in his early 50s and worked for the anti-fraud department in the bank, became the second Irish swine flu fatality when he passed away at Beaumont hospital in Dublin on August 17.
It is understood that Graham did not have any underlying medical condition and was not in any high risk group. Those who suffer from diabetes asthma, obesity, chronic heart, kidney, liver of neurological disease are considered to be high risk.
The first fatality occurred in August 7, when an 18-year-old Sligo woman who had cystic fibrosis died after contracting the H1N1 virus.
Though the Health Service Executive (HSE) warned that some deaths were inevitable, the fact that the late Mr. Graham was in apparent good health will be of some concern to the general public.
Though primary and secondary schools are expected to open as normal for the school year at the start of September, a survey carried out on 400 parents in Ireland by schooldays.ie revealed that 7 percent of parents would not let their children attend classes due to fears over the H1N1 virus.
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- Megyn Kelly says Santa and Jesus are white,...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Irish outrage over NY Times pigeon-eating...
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- How Christmas was in my father’s time
Why does every slight have to become a Gay Pride Parade? Why does it have to be 'death to anyone who objects to our agenda'? People are going to holdMegyn Kelly says Santa and Jesus are white, get used to it (VIDEO)
Jenny -i if Jesus is just a WAS then it will always be a matter of historical investigation about where he was born and lived so as to make some assumEngaged couple fired by Catholic school for falling pregnant outside wedlock
Oh boo hoo! Cardinal O made a hero out of Ted Kennedy at his funeral even though Teddy boi espoused the deaths of unborn babies even more so than KingEngaged couple fired by Catholic school for falling pregnant outside wedlock
hooligan -- there used to be rules against Irish applying. There used to be rules against blacks on busses. There used to be rules against jews. Th