Irish republican Marian Price released from prison after two years for aiding and abetting terrorists
Deteriorating health ends years held in isolation for leading dissident republican
In a statement Irish prime minister Enda Kenny said: 'The news today that the Parole Commissioners have made the decision to release Marian Price from custody will come as a shock to many people. This is because charges of providing property for the purposes of terrorism in relation to the murders of soldiers Patrick Azimkar and Mark Quinsey, as well as encouraging support for a proscribed organization, still stand against her.'
In contrast Irish prime minister Enda Kenny said: "There has been growing concern about Marian Price's health in recent months. I am pleased to learn of today's news and I hope that Price will now be able to spend time with her family and friends.'
Irish deputy prime minister Eamon Gilmore agreed with the campaign to have McGlinchey released on humanitarian grounds: 'Her detention and declining health have led to concerns across the political spectrum in the Irish Houses of Parliament and I know that this decision will be widely welcomed on humanitarian grounds.'
15 - 34 | See all comments
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
It's just that pesky Constitution(that the obama and his acolytes want to change) that stands in the way. You know, that Freedom of Religion thing thaSarah Palin is saving Christmas
Why has The Daily Show not recruited you, Cahir? You'd be brilliant!Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay bigots
BrianO -- Message from the real Irish. You guys are simply insane. What a relief you have nothing to do with us.Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay bigots
The cake seller is forcing his beliefs on the cake buyer. Blantant bigotry. He sells daily to LGBT's and never questions them the sanctimonious hypocr